Hey y’all! It’s a blazing one here in Houston and I have to admit, I am not a fan of the summer months. My hometown definitely gets hot during the summer, but it is a dry heat with lots of wind. This west Texas girl is not built for this Houston humidity! I’ve told Steven several times since we moved here that I will NEVER live this close to the coast ever again. Someone at work used the term “swamp ass” the other day, and let me tell you, it is SO REAL. Haha! That being said, I can’t wait to show you all of the goodies I received in my FabFitFun Summer Box!
FabFitFun is a quarterly subscription box that includes one box for each season of the year. The boxes feature full size beauty products, haircare, lifestyle accessories, and other cute items anybody will love (and use). Each box is guaranteed to be valued at $200 or more and you will always receive full size products. Yup, that’s right, no pesky sample sizes. Awesome, right?! Click here to sign up and get $10 off your first box!
Although I’m always impressed with the items I receive, I can’t help but favor the beauty and skincare products. I am a beauty blogger after all! The Summer Box had so many amazing products that I not only know I will enjoy, but will also repurchase. Below is a breakdown of my FabFitFun Summer Box.
- Picture Perfect Highlighter in Bronze x Cargo_HD (retails for $30) – I’ve already played with this highlighter several times and so far I am loving it. It’s the perfect shade for the summer time! It isn’t too chunky and can definitely be built up to your desired glow. I like to use this brush to apply it.
- Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk x Klorane (retails for $20) – I have an incredibly oily scalp (TMI?) so I’m super picky when it comes to dry shampoo. I haven’t had a chance to try this one out yet, but I will report back over on my Instagram once I’ve tested it. I’ve heard good things about it, so hopefully it works out for me!
- Smoothing Eye Concentrate x Juice Beauty (retails for $29) – Juice Beauty is known for their certified organic ingredients and I love several of their products. I’ll probably end up giving this eye concentrate to a family member or friend because eye creams aren’t a staple in my skincare routine. I’ve used them off and on and honestly don’t see drastic results. If I’m not using an eye cream, I’ll just bring my moisturizer up around and under my eye and it works just as well.
- Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+ x Eau Thermale Avène (retails for $24) – One of the items on my to-do list is to read up on the different types of sunscreen. I’m not familiar enough with the ingredients to know what causes the infamous white cast/shadow, but this sunscreen does just that to my skin. My face also gets pretty oily after about an hour, which is no bueno.
- Mystic Bar Necklace in Turquoise x Kris Nations (retails for $58) – This necklace screams summertime. From the dainty gold design (which is so in right now) to the bright turquoise color, I am loving it!
- Ruana x Michael Stars (retails for $54) – This versatile piece can be used as a swim suit cover up, light layered scarf, or poncho. It’s super soft and light weight. I love the indigo color for this time of year.
- Little 500 ml Glass Water Bottle x BKR (retails for $35) – I’m a sucker for water bottles and cups. If you asked my husband how many we have, he’d probably say about 25 too many. This glass water bottle is the perfect size to take to the gym or to carry with you throughout the day. It has a silicone sleeve to protect the glass and add a pop of color. I was happy to add it to our collection!
- Art Kit x Ready, Set, Create! (retails for $22) – This art kit comes with a small white canvas, stencil, several paint colors, and different brushes. I’m not a big artist, so I’m planning on giving it to my niece. She loves all arts and crafts!
- Marine Collagen x Vital Proteins (sponsored) – Each box usually comes with one sponsored item, and I was super excited when I saw that the Summer Box featured this collagen powder. I’ve been hearing a ton of talk about drinking collagen the past few months, so I immediately whipped this up and started chugging. It didn’t taste all that great, but maybe if you drink it consistently, you’d see results!
One of my favorite features offered by FabFitFun is the ability to purchase add on items. The add on period typically opens up a few weeks before your next box is set to ship out. During that time, you can go in and select items you want to be included in your upcoming box. All of the items are offered at a steep discount, and you are billed for them in addition to your box. Below are the three items I chose to purchase with my Summer Box.
- Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer x Juice Beauty ($24 compared to $68) – This is one of the Juice Beauty items that I mentioned above that I love. It’s a great all-around moisturizer for anyone, but especially someone who is concerned with signs of aging.
- Probiotic Purifying Face Cleanser x Tula ($9 compared to $28) – I’m almost out of my facial cleanser that I use with my Clarisonic brush, so I decided to give this one a try. Tula is a well-known brand and I know several fellow beauty bloggers that love this cleanser. I’m excited to try it!
- Revitalizing Eye Cream x Karyng Skincare ($25 compared to $70) – I actually purchased this item for my Mom. She’s always asking me for skincare/makeup advice and I love sending her new products to try out. As a woman in her 50’s, her main skin concerns are aging, dullness, and dryness. I know she’ll be excited to test it out!
What an amazing box, am I right?! I always enjoy my boxes and think that the products are great quality. My Summer Box was worth over $270 (that does not include the add on items)! I paid $58 for my add on items and they retail for $166… That’s insane, y’all! If you’re looking for a new subscription box service, I highly recommend FabFitFun. Click here to sign up and get $10 off your first box! Let me know down in the comments below if you’ve tried FabFitFun, or if you just signed up!